This silly & funny video by Leandrade imagines how Classic Carnival marchinhas – those songs that have been played in indoor balls for ages – would sound in English. Be patient, it takes a few seconds to really start.
Check for its version of :
- “Mamãe eu Quero” (Mommy I Want to Breastfeed)
- “Maria Sapatão” (a name used to refer pejoratively to lesbians)
- “Cabeleira do Zezé” (a composition from the seventies, when young men began to display large hair – and have their masculinity questioned)
- “Me dá um Dinheiro aí” (Give me Some Money)
- “Você Pensa que Cachaça é Água?” (in this version, the national spirit, cachaça, is translated into whiskey), among many other songs.